top of page

Legal and Financial Help

DISCLAIMER: The CAC has compiled lists of autism-related resources in our region to help you save time searching for them on the web. This list of service providers is for informational purposes only and being listed does not constitute the endorsement of the CAC. 


If you would like us to add a resource or update a resource, contact us at 423-531-6961 opt. 0 or email

The Chambliss Special Needs Planning team of attorneys and certified care coordinators provide counsel to individuals and family members living with a disability including but not limited to autism and developmental disabilities.Working with parents and guardians to map out a holistic plan addressing their loved one’s legal, financial, and personal care needs, is the core of what they do. They have decades of experience with special needs and supplemental needs trusts, guardianships and conservatorships, life care and long-term care plans, powers of attorney, healthcare proxies, living wills, benefits planning, disability and incapacity planning, family law, and housing.


Contact: Amy Boulware

Phone: (423) 321-0403



Location: 605 Chestnut Street, Suite 1700, Chattanooga, TN 37450

Disability Rights Tennessee (DRT) is a nonprofit legal services organization that provides free legal advocacy services to protect the rights of Tennesseans with disabilities with numerous issues, including employment discrimination, safety in schools, abuse and neglect, TennCare, conservatorships, Katie Beckett, and access to community resources and services.

DRT helps people enrolled in the CHOICES, Employment and Community First (ECF) CHOICES, and Katie Beckett programs. They also help people who want to enroll. This is called the Beneficiary Support System. Here are some ways the Beneficiary Support System can help you:
• Explain TennCare member rights and responsibilities;
• Answer questions about TennCare programs;
• Talk with TennCare on your behalf;
• File and find answers to concerns or complaints;
• File appeals or find out about an appeal you’ve filed;
• Connect you to help, so you can apply for CHOICES, ECF CHOICES, or Katie Beckett

Contact: 888-723-8193  for general questions or call (800) 342-1660 if you need help with TennCare, ECF, or Katie Beckett


DRT is committed to preserving the dignity and freedom of people with disabilities while meeting their diverse and unique needs. DRT’s new Decision-Making Supports (DMS) program is designed to help people with disabilities get supports that best meet their needs. 

For information on reversing a conservatorship, contact Camron Hurt at (615)732-6962 or email for more information.

The Elder Law Practice represents parties in Guardianship proceedings, Special Needs Trusts, Medicaid Planning and Advocacy, Lifecare planning, and much more.

Location: 400 N. Selvidge Street, Dalton, Georgia 30720
Phone: (800) 241-8755
Click this link to download a special needs planning guide to get you started

Legal Aid Society's mission is to enforce, advance, and defend the legal rights of low income and vulnerable people to obtain the basic necessities of life. They serve families of all kinds to help them stay safe and healthy. Family law includes adoption, divorce, parenting plans, juvenile emancipation, and orders of protection. Their website has many resources related to family law as well as matters crucial to family health and wellbeing. These are designed to help you advocate for yourself or your family in the State of Tennessee.



Representation to resolve a legal problem from a staff lawyer
Representation to resolve a legal problem from a volunteer lawyer
Advice and Counsel from a staff lawyer to help resolve a legal problem
Information from Legal Help Booklets developed by Legal Aid Society
Referral to a Free Legal Help Clinic staffed by Legal Aid Society and volunteer lawyers
Referral to other resources for help with problems like criminal problems, child support and immigration.
Referral to other free legal help

Location: 100 W Martin Luther King Blvd., Ste 402, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Phone: (423) 756-4013

Martin Pierce is licensed in both TN and GA. His practice areas include, among others, estate planning (wills and trusts), probate, elder law, Medicaid planning, incorporations and LLCs, business matters, nonprofits/501(c)(3), asset protection planning, special needs trusts, family law and retirement plans. The law firm serves all ages with no referral needed.



Location: 4513 Hixson Pike, Suite 109, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37343
Office: (423) 648-4303

The Tennessee Justice Center works to help children access health insurance via TennCare or CoverKids with the knowledge that access to health care can have a big impact on health, as well as school, outcomes. The center can also help children get the health care services they need once they are enrolled in TennCare. TJC has helped children get dental, physical and mental and behavioral health care services denied by TennCare, and get care when there is no doctor or specialist in the area.

TJC is connected to a large network of social service agencies throughout Tennessee and refer clients as necessary to other agencies. Currently, they serve clients up to age 21. Interpreting service is available as needed. Referrals are accepted but not necessary. Parents and providers regularly call our office with questions about health care for a child.


Phone:  (615) 255-0331  or 855-259-0701


bottom of page